Should we actually care about the ocean, if so, why?
This is a good question and, well you see oceans are big. In fact, they are so big that all of them combined cover over 71% of the world's surface area!
With this factor comes the fact that we need oxygen to breathe. Even though a lot of people think that most oxygen comes from trees it doesn't, but how? You see, the ocean produces oxygen through the plants that live in it, for example, phytoplankton, kelp, and algal plankton. Now it all makes sense, doesn't it?
Apart from that, around 3 billion people rely on wild-caught and farmed seafood as a primary source of protein.
In conclusion, the best idea is to take care of our seas and oceans.
Shocking, new, interesting facts about ocean pollution
DID YOU KNOW?
- There are 269 000 000 kilograms of trash in the oceans
- The Great Pacific Garbage Patch is three times the size of France
- If we continue polluting oceans at this pace in 2050 there will be more trash in weight than fish!
- Only 9% of plastic is recycled every year
- Plastics can be found on every beach in the world
- Around 8 million pieces of plastic enters the
our mission & goals
As you already know, we are a team trying to stop ocean pollution and our mission is to let people know that oceans are in danger. making them take action to prevent the destruction of the oceans.
You may ask, how do we plan on doing that? Well, we created this website to warn you about the causes of ocean pollution and to show what you, individuals can do in order to stop ocean pollution. Apart from that, we created our Instagram account (protecting_oceans), where we post informative posters about the marine environment struggles to warn the community about them.
We believe that if YOU help us by taking action, the oceans will be saved.